Thursday, October 1, 2009

Samsung PN50A450 I should never have bought it.....

because now, I'm going to be spending WAY too much time watching television. I bought this set sight-unseen. The price was the biggest factor coupled with some favorable reviews on CNET for other Samsung plasmas. I am no "videophile" so I can live with 720p resolution. Compared to my 10 year old, 27" Toshiba it's like seeing a TV for the first time. I have Verizon FiOS digital cable, which has quite a few high definition channels, so I flipped over to their high-def demo channel and I watched programs for hours that "BS" (Before Samsung) would probably have bored me to tears. I have a 480p DVD player that I can now watch in 480p, instead of 480i. I dropped in the movie "300" and it looked just as good as it did on the IMAX screen (IMO). I bought a component video cable for my Wii (don't forget to change the video setting to 480p) and was simply amazed at the clarity. It's not the most expensive, and some "experts" will not consider it to be the best plasma out there but I'm giving myself a big pat on the back. The piano black finish is like icing on the cake. I would, and will, recommend this TV to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment