Sunday, October 4, 2009

Samsung PN50A450 Great Plasma TV!

I did a lot of research before buying this product, including reviews on CNET and pricing trends. I also researched how much difference there would be between the 720p and the 1080p. Since programs are not shown in 1080p and won't be for a couple of years, that was not an issue. If you are not a blu-ray disc dvd owner, it also is not an issue. For me, having this as my first upgrade to a regular TV, I was blown away. The TV arrived in 4 days even though Amazon stated approx. 10 days. The TV was packaged well. As this 50" was going in my bedroom that has an ajacent wall that is entirely window (approx 10 ft X 8 ft) I was greatly concerned about the glare since I have no curtains of any type. Well the anti glare coating is perfect and I can watch TV any time of day with no problems. The colors are great and there are a lot of adjustments that can be made. Best Buy offers to go out and calibrate the TV for approx. $350. Save your money and do it yourself. You can spend as much time needed to tweak it as you spend more time in deciding what looks best for your taste. Definately need to have the cable box for Hi-Def or you are wasting your money on the TV. The Hi-Def colors and clarity are incredible. So I couldn't be any happier with my choice of TV and when I am ready for another 50" for the living room, I will buy the same TV or the 1080p if the price comes down more at year end. I highly recommend this TV

No comments:

Post a Comment