Friday, October 2, 2009

Samsung PN50A450 Beautiful TV to create your own Home Theater with!

We purchased this TV and received it last week on 6/11/2008. After calibrating it and getting all my systems hooked up to it, it is just beautiful and flawless. It looks amazing too! I use it for my PS3 (Blu-ray too!), Xbox, Wii, N64, and Dreamcast. It does an amazing job making everything look great. I had two struggles getting this TV:

1. Burn in fear - But after much research I have found there isnt much to be afraid of with this TV. It comes with anti burn in technology and from everything I have read this is a non issue with the newer TV's and can be totally avoided with care (in other words just dont have 20 hour marathons of Metal Gear).

2. 1080p vs. 720p - I really struggled with this debate. I did a lot of reading, talking with friends, and checking with experts. Long story short...it really doesnt make much of a difference. It makes a tiny difference but that is only on a few medias and even once it is on all media's it really wont make that much of a difference. It is only one aspect to look at. Others include black levels, contrast, ect. The PN50A450 handles all of these wonderfully.

Bottomline...if you are having to watch your budget and you are sitting 7 - 12 feet away from your TV...then THIS is the TV to get. Shipping on the product was great. We received this from CEVA shipping and they were great. They called ahead of time and were very prompt, courteous, and they even took the TV out and hooked it up for us.

EDIT: One more thing to add...I have now had this TV for 2 months and still LOVE it. I downloaded and burnt a break in DVD to minimize image retention. It is important if you buy this TV to break it in before you allow static images for longer than a couple of hours on the screen. After you break it in though you should be fine. I plan on running the break in DVD for a total of 100 hours and will still do things in between running it. You can get the break in files to burn your own DVD here: avsforums.com

Edit #2: If you want another good forum to glean information off from go here: http://boards.ign.com/dvd_home_theater_board/b5043/p1
The guys at that board (most of them) are pretty savvy. Also I broke the TV in and I can see a DISTINCT decrease in image retention. Thanks Superman and Terrorbeast for directing me to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment